Sunday 27 April 2014

Review: Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan in Dark

Do any of you lovely ladies find yourself applying multiple layers of fake tan to achieve that desired deep golden glow? Layer after layer and it us still unpredictable whether or not you will have that dark tan you want? Not just is it time consuming , it is also a waste of your fake tan. Well fear not as I have found our solution. 

I have been on the search for a fake tan which only requires one application leaving my skin with an even, dark and deep colour. This is something which I find other tans lack as I find myself applying layers of tan over a number of days and still it is not guaranteed I will get the colour I want. I have tried some amazing tans which I love but they are just not dark enough. I have a very pale complexion and this is the reason it takes so much tan to cancel the cool tones of my skin. In no way am I saying that there is a problem with pale skin because there is certainly not. This is just a personal preference.

If any of you have read my post on My Top 5 Fake Tans then you will know that Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan is one of my favourites. It always gives amazing results and is so affordable unlike a lot of other fake tans. My only problem was the dark colour that it claims to develop over 3 hours was just not dark enough. For some, it may be too dark or just right but I had to apply multiple layers to get a noticeable darker colour. So you can imagine how delighted I was when Marissa Carter (Creator of Cocoa Brown) launched the new Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan in DARK along with numerous other new tanning products. 
  

This is a mousse formula which I like to apply with a tanning mitt after exfoliating and moisturizing the skin the night before. Cocoa Brown tan goes on so well as the mousse turns more liquidy when applied to the skin. In comparison to the original formula this is a lot darker and you are instantly left with a glow. I like this as it allows you to see any patches or spots you may have missed. This tan dries a lot faster than others that I have dried which is great allowing you to get dressed a short while after the tan application. It is recommended to shower after 1 hour for a dark bronze colour (which may be the equivalent to 3 hours of the original formula) , 2 hours for a chocolate colour or the next shade up or 3 hours for an intense deep tan. After only one application I left it for the 3 hours. It is not a necessity to shower after unless you are within the 1 or 2 hour time frame. This tan stopped developing after the 3 hours and I was delighted with the outcome. I am so happy I have found this and would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a darker tan without applying multiple layers. This saves time and your fake tan. I picked up a bottle in Penneys last week for €6.90 but can also be found in pharmacies nationwide. (R.R.P. €7.99)

Thanks for reading! Mwah!
Holly X

No comments:

Post a Comment