Sunday 19 January 2014

Bargain Buys: Healthy Hair

As I get highlights regularly I can find my hair getting quite dry and frizzy at times ! Even after straightening it I would find it hard to fight the frizz ! I'm sure a lot of you can relate ! I try really hard to look after my hair but it can be difficult at times ! I'm writing up this blog post to tell you what works for me and some products which keep my hair feeling and looking healthy ! Here's a few things I use to keep my hair looking fabulous for an affordable price !

1. Creighton's Argan Smooth Deep Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner


Recently , I came across Creighton's Argan Smooth Deep Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner ! After using these for the first time it left my hair feeling so soft and silky ! It eliminated frizz even after allowing my hair to dry naturally ! Argan Smooth Deep Moisture Shampoo is infused with Moroccan Argan Oil , which is rich in antioxidants to deeply condition and revive hair for soft , shiny results ! It claims to leave hair moisturised and protected ! I feel it just everything it says and it really does leave my hair feeling brand new ! Argan oil is so good for your hair and the fact that it is in both the shampoo and conditioner is a bonus ! I got the pair as a present but I've done a bit of research and unfortunately it can't be bought in many places in Ireland but Creighton's do have a website ( www.beautyatcreightons.co.uk ) and this amazing shampoo and conditioner can be bought for just €2.40 each ( £1.99 on the website ) ! Also , my Mam recently spotted the duo in Penneys/Primark for €5 ! So affordable yet so good ! 

2. Denise McAdam Moisture Master Heat Protection Spray


Protecting my hair before styling or applying heat is an essential step when trying to keep your hair as healthy as possible ! I use Denise McAdam Moisture Master Heat Protection Spray ! Personally , I rather sprays to serums as I feel serums leave a greasy residue in my hair ! I spray this all over damp hair focusing on the ends then I brush it through ! I then go on to blow dry my hair ! This spray is lightweight and you wouldn't even feel it in your hair ! After using this for a long period of time I noticed how little split ends I had ! My hair isn't dry and I say it is thanks to this ! I'm not saying that you should use this particular one as I'm pretty sure many heat protection products do the job they're meant to do but this is a complete bargain ! I got mine from Tesco , our local supermarket , for just over €2 ! Denise McAdam also has numerous shampoos , conditioners and hair products for affordable prices ! These can be found in Boots , Tesco and any other large supermarkets !

3. Hask Argan Oil Healing Shine Hair Treatment


They say good things come in small packages and this definitely applies to this little bottle ! I've been loving Argan Oil lately and it is so good when trying to keep your hair healthy ! I put a small amount ( About the size of a 20c coin ) on to the palm of my hand ! I rub my hands together to warm the serum up then rub through my hair focusing on the ends ! You can use this on damp hair or on dry hair to calm frizz or to give your hair a shiny finish ! Ever since I started using Argan Oil as part of my hair routine I've seen such a difference ! My hair is moisturised , shiny and healthy looking ! I rarely see split ends now aswell ! The serum is of thick consistency but when you apply the correct amount ( and not go too mad ) you won't even feel it in your hair ! It also leaves your hair smelling great ! To me , there is an orangey scent ! I would recommend this to anyone as for me it is a MUST to have argan oil or some little treat for your hair ! Also , for such a small bottle it goes a long way when used right ! The Hask brand also do Maroccan oil and other hair treatments which I am yet to try but I do know that this is a very affordable brand ! I always pick myself up a bottle of the Argan Oil serum from Penneys/Primark for just €2.50 ! You can also buy it from Boots or any of the larger pharmacies ! 

4. Coconut Oil


This is optional but to even have a tub of coconut oil in your cosmetic bag is great ! It has so many uses but if you ever want to give your hair a moisture boost or a bit of TLC then why not melt a small amount of coconut oil ? By the name "Coconut Oil" you may expect it to be of liquid consistency but it is not ! It is quite hard unless left in a warm room ! I scoop a small amount into a ramekin and bang it in the microwave for a few seconds until it is fully melted and slightly heated ! I then brush my hair thoroughly and begin to rub this all over my hair ! I then recommend wrapping cling film or a plastic bag over your hair to keep in the heat ! The longer you leave it in the better but I usually do this at night time and wash my hair the next morning ! I do this nearly every month or so just to keep my hair healthy ! It is oily but I don't find it difficult to wash out ! In the shower , I follow my usual routine of shampooing and conditioning ! After this , my hair feels soft and shiny ! It is also very good for dry scalp ! Coconut has many uses apart from being used as a hair mask or treatment ! It can also be used in cooking , as a moisturiser for face and body and cleanser ( great for removing make up ) ! I use Cocowell Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil which I picked up in SuperValu for €5 ! I have the 500ml tub which will last you ages ! It is 100% Coconut Oil and I love it ! You will find it in most supermarkets , health shops and some pharmacies ! 

I hope you enjoyed this ! Drop me a comment or message if you have any requests !
Thanks for reading ! Mwah !
Holly X
















No comments:

Post a Comment